Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Isaac's VIP


Aaron-(called in so not word for word) I’m a lot older than Isaac so my story is a little different because I didn’t get to grow up with him as a younger brother in the same house. The thing that is my highlight is more a fatherly thanks than an older brother story. Isaac and Brandon have been friends since they were kids, and I appreciate that Isaac has been such a good friend to Brandon. So I’m very thankful that Mom and Dad had the foresight to have another child and do what the lord told them because otherwise we wouldn’t have Isaac as Brandon’s best friend and Uncle.
“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world”
– Brandi Snyder

Nate-(typed in front of him, word for word) Isaac came and stayed with us a couple summers ago and we had a blast. He was so good with Madi and so helpful around the house and with Madi. Of Course like all our family I like to play video games but its much more fun with your brothers. I remember fondly staying up late and bagging deer on XBOX with Isaac. I look forward to the next time he comes to stay with us.
“A brother is a friend god gave you”
Proverbs

Kurt-(called me not word for word) Most people when they learn how to ride a dirtbike, they start out on a small one and work their way up to the bigger machines. Isaac was like 8 years old and he used to ride with me on dad’s big YZ250 and after a while he could drive it by himself. I just remember being in awe as this tiny body just wielded this huge machine up and down the road, and just sharing in the excitement of his accomplishment.
“A narrow track of dirt through the forest isn't a trail -- it's an attitude.” Author Unknown

Jake-(e-mailed word for word) I was super impressed with Isaac when he told me a story about when he was 10 or 11. Isaac was alone and I think he was on or near Adam's Trail when a suspicious car started to approach. Isaac was scared by the car and hid and he felt the distinct impression that the intent of the driver of the car was to abuse, hurt, or murder Isaac. Isaac listened to the Holy Ghost and stayed hidden and while he was hiding he prayed asking Heavenly Father to protect him from such evil. Isaac was protected from evil that day as a direct result of his sensitivity to the Holy Ghost, and his fervent prayer. Isaac has done a lot of amazing things, but up until now nothing has impressed me more than this story that he told me because I think if he had acted differently he might not be with us today.
“My hope for my children must be that they respond to the still, small voice of God in their own hearts.” By Andrew Young

Luke-(e-mailed word for word) I have always been impressed with Isaac's ability to play sports. From a very young age I can remember playing baseball out on the front lawn with a yellow bat that had a huge barrel on it. I would sit there and pitch to Isaac as slow as I possibly could with a nice arc in the ball and Isaac would cream the ball and send it flying. As soon as Isaac would hit the ball I would shout, go, go, go, (then he would run around in a circle and head back to where he started from) and I would shout, slide! Slide! Slide! Then Isaac would slide into home plate feet first with a crouch and a smile on his face. I was also recently impressed with Isaac's athletic ability in the last Turkey bowl where he was able to run the ball amidst guys twice his size and shake them for substantial yardage. But my fondest memory of Isaac comes from before he can remember. Most of the older siblings of our family can say that they had a good hand in raising some of their siblings. For example, while Mom was doing Tupperware, Jake was constantly baby-sitting Kailie. Well for me I feel like I had a good hand in raising Isaac because when Mom was working at the Flying J sometimes I would have to stay home from school (if Mom didn't get a later shift) and I would watch Isaac. He would get fussy and start crying, and whenever that happened I would take him out on the swing in the backyard. It was a little yellow swing with a blue plastic piece on the front that acted like a safety gate on the front of the swing and slid up and down on the ropes of the swing. I would push Isaac out on that swing for 20 to 30 minutes until he fell asleep, and then I would carry him in to his crib and lay him down. I know that this experience doesn't really relate to the relationship we have today, but it helps me feel like I am tied to Isaac in some way deeper than words.
“When you have brought up kids, there are memories you store directly in your tear ducts.” ~Robert Brault

Larkie-(e-mailed word for word) I appreciate how loving Isaac is. He is always willing to tell me he loves me and give me hug. When he hangs out with my family he is very helpful. I am grateful for that as well. I love you Isaac, please always be kind to others, especially your family.
“Kindness in Giving creates Love”- Lao Tzu

Audrey-(e-mailed, word for word) my dear brother Isaac has subtle but great importance in our family. Some of the things I love about him include:

· His humor and wit, Isaac has the amazing capability to make anyone laugh. When talking to him he often quickly plays off your words with something witty that can make you laugh or sometimes insult you.

· His capability to quickly forgive, I remember times when we would fight and the very next day we would be the best of friends again.

· His love for playing; a game’s fun magnitude is always increased when he joins.

· His thoughtfulness; Isaac often makes sacrifices or does something special to show that he loves you. I remember one time I had lost my knife and he gave one of his secretly so I would have one in case of emergency.

I don’t know if everyone else has seen these things but I definitely have. There is much that we can observe and learn from Isaac. People flock to him not because of flattery like some, but because of his loyalty, kindness, and genuineness. I love Isaac and our family would be incomplete without him.
“To the outside world we all grow old. Not to brothers and sisters. We known each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time.” ~Clara Ortega

Kailie - I never thought that the day would come when I thought Isaac was smarter than me, but it came a few weeks ago. My roommate asked if I wanted to play soccer a couple Sundays ago and I knew that I shouldn’t go but for the life of me I couldn’t remember the reason. I knew it was to keep the Sabbath day holy but because it was with my ward and because my roommate was a returned missionary I couldn’t seem to remember how playing would be breaking the Sabbath. So I called home to ask dad and I got Isaac, he said dad wasn’t there so I asked Isaac if he knew why.
Isaac replied simply “I’m pretty sure that if Jesus was there they wouldn’t be playing soccer on Sunday!” and there you have it. An answer that made total sense and seemed so simple but I couldn’t think of it. I am glad that Isaac was placed in our family; he keeps me humble and reminds me that sometimes age or experience can take away from our lives because it takes away the simplest truths.
“Our siblings push buttons that cast us in roles we felt sure we had let go of long ago - the baby, the peacekeeper, the caretaker, the avoider.... It doesn't seem to matter how much time has elapsed or how far we've traveled.” ~Jane Mersky Leder

Elli-(e-mailed, word for word) well when I was about 5 we were at Grandma’s house and I got stung by a bee right in the ankle Isaac helped me inside. I think Isaacs greatness and love at heart is the best.
“Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.” ~Marc Brown

2 comments:

Shillig#7 said...

I loved all the quotes you added in. You are the perfect person to put in charge of the is section of the EBS. Well done sis.

Shillig8 said...

Thanks Audge, I am glad you let me know that someone actually looked at my blogg in the last week or two lol