Friday, February 11, 2011

Aaron's VIP!!!!!


Kurt- I'v definitely had tons of fun experiences with Aaron that I could fill a book about and that I will always enjoy
reminiscing about, but I would say that what I value the most about Aaron is the man he's become. As an adult there are lots of things I can spend my time and money on but three things stand above it all, my Savior, my wife, and my children. I feel that Aaron's example testifies that he feels the same and thats what I love the most about Aaron The man and the example he is to me today. Thanks Aaron

Jake-When aaron was about thirteen kurt and nate got sick of his tyrannical rule and started teaming up on him during fights. Well luke and I would watch the fight until aaron really started getting hurt and he would cry out for us to help. We would grab nate because we were afraid of kurt and pretty soon kurt would be making really painful sounds and nate would say "jake luke aaron is killing kurt let me go so I can help him please. So we would let nate go and soon enough aaron would be painfully crying out to us to help him and the whole process would start over again. I bring that up because there are not many ways a younger brother can help an older brother and that was one of the things I remember doing to help aaron. As a result I remember aaron got a bag of giveaway clothes from jeremy dunn and after he went through them nate and kurt would normally have the next look but aaron gave them to me and when nate and kurt asked why he said it was because I was always nice to him. This may not seem like a big deal to some but in a house where giveaway clothes were like gold it meant the world. Especially since being fourth in line I almost never got anything worth while. I never forgot what aaron did for me and I got him water a lot more willingly after that.

When we got older aaron and I worked together at phantom screens and aaron use to love listening to the 80's at noon on star 98.7 that's when I started to love 80s music. When aaron joined the military he helped me to understand the benefits of joining and acted as an angel sent to answer my prayer of how can I continue to educate myself stay out of debt and start my family simultaneously. I am so grateful for aarons example and advice in my life. He is an amazing older brother.


Luke-I look up to each one of my older brothers very much. I feel like each one of them has been called to serve a unique but valuable role in our family. It was recently mentioned that our brother Nate played a crucial role in leading the family to missionary service. Today I would like to highlight another vital role in the family that has been played by our brother Aaron. During my early childhood, I often found myself vying for Aaron's attention by doing anything I possibly could to gain his acceptance. Sometimes, especially throughout the not so good years, my desire to gain Aaron's favor left me in undesirable circumstances. But then there were other times during the not so good years when just being around Aaron paid dividends. Like the time when he gave me a brand new BB gun and inscribed his love for me on the butt of the gun. After the not so good years blossomed into good ones, I remember Aaron acting as the perfect role model for me. He was my young men's leader. We would go camping together and do all kinds of activities together, ahh those were the days. I hate to be anecdotal but, I can't help but tell one short story from this crucial time in my youth. One time Aaron took our scout troop out to the sespe hot springs, and the hike was on switch backs. As we were on the hike back home there was this kid who I am sure had never been camping before, and I think he loaded his pack down with canned food or something, because he was moaning and groaning with every step he took. I am sure it didn't help any that he was about 60 pounds over weight as well. Anyway, to make a long story short, when Sean just absolutely could not carry on any longer, Aaron took Sean's 50 pound pack, tied it to his own and we hoofed it out of there as quickly as possible. Never had I seen such an unselfish act, matched with such brute force. That day I gained a healthy respect for my older brother Aaron's manhood. The best part of the story though is that after Aaron took Sean's pack, it was as if nothing had changed, and he still wouldn't shut up!
Now that I have spent a great deal of our time mentioning trivial things, I want to point out a key role in the family that has been played by Aaron. To me Aaron has demonstrated a picturesque model of a successful marriage. Of all the married siblings, I look up to Aaron and Mandy the most because of their relationship with each other's families. They have an uncanny ability to mesh well with anyone they associate with, and this reflects in their marriage. Their children are well educated, and have been taught to excel in everything they do. As all of you I love Aaron very much and have always looked up to him. Thank you Aaron for giving us the perfect model for how a family should be run.

Larkie- Aaron you really impress me! For one thing you’ve had such a change of heart towards bad things in your life. After Aaron became “good” again he was very good about always trying to help us all keep higher standards. He would say things like “ Why are you wearing Flip-Flops to church” or “your skirts too short sis, come on now Shape Up!” Thank you for that Aaron, but let’s be honest probably the best thing Aaron ever did in life was Marry Mandi. That is what I think is truly great about Aaron. If it weren’t for his choice to marry Mandi who nows where he would be! So thanks for being an example and making good choices Aaron. It was one of the most sweet and tender experiences I’ve ever had when Aaron whole family was sealed together. That is one of my dearest memories. Aaron I love you, Thank you for being such a great example

Audrey- I don’t remember being very close to Aaron before he got married but that may be because I don’t remember much before the age of seven. One of the two memories that does come to mind came to pass when I was five and Aaron was about 18. Aaron’s friend, I think his name was James, used to give us a ride home after school in is truck. Well one day I was last kid to get into the back of the truck and I had one leg in and one leg out and some told James to go. I, not being ready for the truck to move, wasn’t able to keep hold of the truck and fell and did a couple tumbles on the dirt road. I don’t remember exactly what happen right after that but the next thing I do remember is have the privilege of sitting up front on Aarons lap. I also remember Aaron putting piece of clothing that he fond on my elbow, which was the only part of my body that was damaged. The other was a year later when I was 6 and in first grade. One day Aaron came to my class to pick me up early and my friends asked if he was my dad and I felt so cool that I could tell them he was my older brother. After that all my memories of Aaron are of him getting married or being married. And that is the time period that our friendship really began to grow. One of the things I really love about Aaron is how comfortable he makes you when you talk to him. He makes it easy to talk about anything. I love that he so strait forward, easy to get along with, and sensitive NOW to the fact that I am sensitive. I am just so grateful that I was able to spend a lot time with him when he lived in CA and that I was able to live with him in GA. I love you Aaron very much, thank you for inviting me to live you and your family in GA, and making it a wonderful experience for me.

Kailie- I don’t remember too many things from when Aaron lived at home. However I do remember one time when Aaron came home with Mandy. I remember seeing them sitting on the couch, and I remember the way that they looked at each other, they stared at each other smiling for a couple seconds just before they kissed each other. I remember being giggly and happy for them and I think I did giggle cuz then they looked at me and realized I was watching. I ran away after that, but I remember being really happy for them.

Thank you Aaron for being an example to me of what real love is. You’ve always tried your hardest to be a good dad and a good husband, you tried very hard to keep us younger kids in line, thanks for watching out for me Bro, I love u.

Isaac- I have a lot of fun memories with aaron. one memory that meant a lot to me was when I was a kid I really really wanted to play football. and play with my nephew because it would be the only time i could. and have my bother coach me. but mom wouldn’t let me cuz she thought i would get hurt. but aaron went to bat and tried to tell mom to let me play. he said there were more people getting hurt in soccer than football. also i would get behind in football and everyone else would be ahead. well aaron might have thought it wasn’t a big deal but it meant a lot to me and I’m grateful for a brother like him.

Elli-Well I haven't actually spent very much time with Aaron because I'm the youngest. I hung out with his kids. My favorite memory of all the 10 is when when he was here we took a picture me and him. I remember the picture like yesterday because of the fact that he was so much bigger than me. i remember feeling like I was 2 years old compared to him. He is my favorite oldest brother.


1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I love when you post these!