Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Camera and Laptop

So I wanted t give a special shout out to Dad and Carol. I've been wanting my own Digital Camera and Laptop since I came to UT last June. For my Birthday it was actually all asked for. Dad was able to give me a Laptop that the High School didn't need. I wasn't very grateful for it because it didn't have a wifi card and it's battery was a little touchy. I acted like a spoiled brat and started crying which was horrible of me but after Larkie told me how rude I was being I apologize dand accepted the gift. I bought a cord to connect straight into my modem in my apartment and set the computer up on a little table so it could stay plugged in at all times. for Christmas I went down to visit Larkie. It was wonderful spending Christmas with Family and Sata and the Sarager family gave me some wonderful gifts including New work clothes and a cute Pearl Necklace that I'd been Needing. Later that day Carol mentioned that she had a digital camera that she wasn't using and had taken good care of that she would be willing to give to me. I gladly accepted and she took some time out of her busy day to go to her storage facility and pick it up for me before I had to leave to get back to Salt Lake. Then this week when I went home for New Years I found a whole new Christmas waiting for me as well!! I received some very cute Jewelry and clothes from Chicos, and Isaac got me a sweater from American Eagle. Dad gave me a new MacBook Pro that he had just gotten from his hook up with JPL.

I don't say it enough but I am truely blessed to have a family that cares about me, Thank You All for being there for me when I need you, and for trying to help me out in any way you can.

I'd like to give a special shout out to a few people specifically:

Mom - I'm sorry if I ever act like the spoiled brat I can be at times. Thank you for sacrificing your vacation time and your money and probably some of your mental health to cart me around CA while I was there, I'm sorry I was selfish and tried to spend more time with my friends and not as much with you. Thank you for the gifts you give me, the wonderful advice and instructions. I'll try and do the things you've told me too as best I can manage.

Dad - I apologize for not realizing how much the first gift that you gave me was worth, I wish I hadn't been so rude and I'm glad that you forgave me for it. Not only did you give me a Laptop, but you then magnified the gift by giving me a 2nd Laptop that was even better! I apologize for not always recognizing that you have many more years of experience with the world than I do and for sometimes thinking you over protective and fun killing. I know that you only want the best for me in everything I do and I'm so glad you o because it shows that you care for me individually.

Larkie- I think you're more than just a sister to me, you're kinda like my sit in Mom for when Mom can't be around. You've given me an open invitation to your home, and as if that weren't enough you ask me questions about my physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. You express your ove for me in many different ways and I just want you to know I appreciate each one, and that includes the times that you tell me I'm acting inapropriately and kick me into shape.

Carol - You've known me since before I can remember! I love the stories you'll tell me about how when I was little this happened, and how you love me so much that you wouldn't let other people take care of me. You know me so  well Carol, and I feel like I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of who you are. I'm sorry that I'm not as attentive as others in our family have been to you, I love learning about you and your life and I can't wait for my next visit down there to come and ask ou more questions and just spend time with you. Thank you for the Camera you gave me, I've already started using it and hope to use it all the time to update everyone on my life and keep pictures of the fun memories I've had. Thanks for understanding me and loving me no matter how stupid I've acted. I really love you Auntie Carol, I'm so glad that Heavenly Father grafted you into our family tree.

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

What a great learning post!