Sunday, January 9, 2011

Larkie VIP!!!!!



Aaron- My favorite memory of Larkie is provided to me via Luke. I wasn't there but the way Larkie relates it it is as if I was there. Basically the story goes like this. It is larkies freshman year of high school and there is a football game coming up, so there is a pep rally.  Apparently all the football team has a chance to take the mic and say something motivational to pump up the rest of the school. When the mic falls to Luke he takes the mic and says. "I'm Luke Shillig and that good looking freshman girl over there is my sister Larkie and if any of you guys even thinks of trying to date her I will pound you into the ground". At this point Larkie realizes that she will never have a boyfriend in high school, and her social life will be void of any boys that are interested in her because they are all afraid of her big brother Luke. I am glad that Luke took it upon himself to help ensure the virtue of our first born Shillig girl. I love you Larkie and am glad you were able to marry Seth in the temple and start your eternal family


Nate- There is a lot I would like to say about Larkie but I will try to condense it. Larkie is fearless just like dad to where she could put on a pair of tights and dance around on stage In front of total strangers or friends and not even worry what anyone else thought, but with Larkie she could actually do this wearing no clothes and not even flinch :) Larkie and I have a great bond because we're real similar. We both like to dance we both like to be the center of attention we both like to tell jokes and we both married in to families were the word class isn't something that you just avoided in high school and make excuses not to go to.

Because we're such good friends I think she allowed me to be the last person on earth to call her Lark without ripping my head off.  I love that I can talk to her about anything and she's a great friend.  She is also great at keeping secrets,  actually not really hahaha I love you sis.

Thanks for being such an important part of my life and the Shillig Family


Kurt- Larkie is a really funny girl and always a blast to be with.  I think Larkie totally lucked out in being the 1st girl after 5 boys in a row.  She has definately aquired some unique attributes that make her more then just another girl.  She rides dirt bikes and makes her own surf boards I mean what girl have you ever met who thinks it's cool to challange their own mother to a friendly wrestling match.  Just that right there if Larkie was the dumbest ugliest girl id ever met, that one aspect of Larkies past would put her in my top 10 of the coolest girls I've ever met.  Even more so since she's neither dumb or ugly is Larkie one of the coolest girls I'll have ever met in this life time


Jake-When we were little kids Larkie and I didn't get along.  I remember one time on the front porch she got so mad at me that she started swinging at me with all her might and I kept blocking all her hits until she started to cry.  She went inside and I felt really bad for upsetting her so much, so I knelt down by the front porch swing and prayed.  I asked Heavenly Father to help me and Larkie get along better.  My prayers were answered and my relationship with Larkie has been wonderful since then.  When I got home from my mission I invited Larkie to read the Book of Mormon.  She said she wasn't going to read it because I asked her to but she said she would read it someday when she was ready.   I was sad she didn't accept my invitation but I prayed that sometime soon she would feel ready and read the Book of Mormon.   While she was dating Seth she surprised me when she read the Book of Mormon cover to cover in one week.  It's no mystery that I'm proud of the opportunity I had to set Larkie up with Seth.  I am so grateful that Larkie doesn't always take everyone's advice.  I pushed her kind of hard to date Jarudd before I introduced her to Seth and she totally rejected the idea.  What would have happened if Larkie didn't have the spirit of discernment?  I have a lot of great memories of Larkie and I guess the common theme of all of them is that Larkie is a beautiful person both inside and out and she has an impressive ability to listen to other people and only be influenced by their good ideas.  


Luke- Growing up, you were probably the sibling that I had the most differences with. But I remember hitting a certain time in my life where I began to change my opinion about you and I started to get a long with you. I can even remember the location, it was summer time, and we would stand together in the kitchen sharing little stories about our lives and some of your contemporaries. I can still remember seeing your eyes scramble for topics that might peak my interest, and I even remember you saying, "I wish we could talk like this forever." After our search for common points of interest we found that we both shared a love for the message, and I can remember spending long periods of relaxing nights under your caring hands. Later in high school I remember benefiting from you in the sense that you would wake me up every morning, (since I lacked the will power to wake myself up) and after being petitioned repeatedly by my human alarm clock, I would eventually get up. I can also remember benefiting from the company of your female friends, a number of which were fairly fun to be around. When I returned from the mission, and we went to school together at BYUI I remember pursuing this one girl at a dance, and when I asked here what she liked to do with her spare time she replied resolutely, "Latin Dancing." I was determined to win the affection of this attractive young woman so I immediately went to your apartment where you taught me a few steps. You also fed me constantly, (which I very much appreciated) and as I have been writing this out I have come to the realization that our relationship has been filled with a lot of one sided service. Whenever I have needed help with anything, I have come to you Larkie for support, and every time I have asked for your help you have given it whole heartedly. I think our relationship has been a lot of me taking, and not giving much, I hope that one day I can give back. Thank you Hitler. Love your brother, Luke.


Audrey-When I was thinking about what I wanted to say about Larkie a few of the things that stuck out to me the most were Larkie’s generosity, persuasiveness, and her craziness. 

Even though Larkie was a little bossy when we were children, she made up for it when we were teenagers. During that time Larkie made my life an adventure. She always wanted to do something crazy. One time while we were driving on Lockwood Valley road our friend Idelis, Larkie and I switched positions by going through the sunroof and coming in the side windows, or vice a versa. There was also the times, meaning she did this often and I believe still does, when we would be walking in the mall and she would just caress someone’s head and then walk by like nothing happened. It is no wonder people are drawn to her she puts excitement in anyone’s life.

To touch on Larkie’s persuasiveness, which is just a nice word that means she can make you do anything she wants, she would always have the family exercising her commands. Fortunately she would normally use this power for good things like making people clean and make our house a nicer place. But there were those few times she would blackmail you to do something you didn’t want (of course it was nothing that was really bad).

Now Larkie is one fist people that I recognized that is a good example of generosity. I’m sure all of you know that clothes are a very important to the Shillig girl’s and women in general, so when I tell you that Larkie was always willing to share her clothes with me it demonstrates her immense generosity. I can also remember times when Larkie would buy me clothes. She is actually the person that bought me my most favorite jeans that lasted me 7th and 8th grade.

These qualities are just a few of the many qualities that she possesses, and the combination of these qualities is the reason Larkie is such a great leader. One of the things that I didn’t mention that Larkie definitely has is a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Most importantly Larkie has always been there as a spiritual strength to me, and I will forever value her input. I love you Larkie and thanks for being the best older sister ever!


Kailie- Wow, sometimes I feel like Larkie is more of a 2nd Mom than an older sister! I can remember Larkie picking out my outfits for the first day of school, doing my hair and teaching me how to do it, coming to my 8th grade play and helping me put in my contacts for the first time. One time, right before my school play, I was trying to put in my contacts and I couldn’t because they were hurting me so bad!! Larkie came in and calmed me down because I was crying, she helped me wash them off properly and put them in my eyes for me. Larkie’s always been there for me, when I needed a friend to talk to, when I needed someone to punish me for being stupid, when I needed someone to make me laugh, and especially when I needed someone to give me a hug or a shoulder to cry on. You’re amazing Sis, I can’t imagine our family without you in it and I’d never want to. You’ve taught me so much and I can honestly say I wouldn’t be the person I am  today if you hadn’t been here


Isaac- When I was in 6th grade I used a pair of my friends shoes, I really liked them and wanted a pair for myself. the next day Larkie gave me a blank check and had her friend Shanna take me to the mall so I could go buy myself a pair while she was working at Curves. when we found them and took them to the counter the clerk said that the owner of the check had to be there. we called Larkie and told her, I just figured we’d come back another day, but Larkie took some time out of her day and came down to Valencia and bought them for me herself! Larkie is so kind and loving, she will go out of her way to help even for something simple.


Elli- Larkie seems to have no fear of embarrassment. While I was in Utah we went to pirate Island and Larkie sang Womanizer by Britney Spears. While singing she broke out into dance. A dance never Forgotten because this dance was so graphic with her shaking her butt and crawling on the ground, she really looked like Britney Spears!!! I hadn’t laughed that hard in a long time. Larkie I love you so much, you’ve taught me to never be embarrassed for being who you are






1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I loved this. Larkie does help me be me and step out of my comfort zone