Thursday, December 16, 2010

VIP Audrey!!!!!!

Aaron-Audrey is such a wonderful sister to have. I have been very blessed by her being in our family. As we all know I felt inspired to change careers after working the same job for 9 years. Audrey was the one who helped out at my house while I was gone. She was the confidant that my wife needed. She was the additional disciplinarian in the home while I was gone. She helped provide additional spiritual strength in the home. She filled the roll I had to vacate for a while. Without her and her strength, I don't know that my family would have weathered the change as well as they did. Audrey is a great example of a righteous woman, she will be a wonderful wife and mom. I love her and I'm truly grateful she is my sister.


Nate- Audrey I'm so proud of you for serving a mission, and I'm so excited to hear where you'll go, I think you'll be the second Audrey, and the 3rd shillig in Paraguay but maybe I'm wrong. I love that you have such a sensitive spirit and that you're so powerful yet so humble. One of my favorite memories is going lizard hunting with you when you were a kid, and you'd go barefoot. I often use that story when I tell people about my family members, how my kid sister was like a little pioneer girl and how even fire ants biting her toes didn't bother her because her toes were basically made of solid steel. I also remember when I used to take care of you when you were a little baby and I made up this totally dumb song that went something like “My name is Audrey I like to party, A-u-d-r-e-y” and you would just laugh and you loved that little song/skit that we used to do. Anyway, I love you and I'll miss you when you go.


Kurt- I would have to say that what has stuck with me the most about Audrey goes back to when she was little. I think it was with Audrey that I realized that children can be like a double return investment in that the love and commitment you show to them they will double and show it back to you. Somewhere between 2 and 5 our other siblings realized a special bond between myself and Audrey. I remember it became almost like a game to them to see if they could get Audrey to say that she loved them more then she loved me. They bribed her with all kinds of special treatments and desirable possessions that would be hers if only she would say that she loved one of them over myself. It never worked. That gave me such joy to know that she was totally committed and would not jeopardize our bond. I will always love Audrey for her love and commitment.


Jake-Audrey really loved Kurt growing up. What's not to love he's the perfect older brother. I had my work cut out for me trying to convince Audrey that I should be her favorite brother. I remember spending hours playing with Audrey and kissing up to her and then asking her... Audrey who is your favorite brother? Without fail no matter how successful I thought I had been she would answer that Kurt was her favorite. Audrey has a gift of discernment. She was able to recognize that I was only being nice to her to steal Kurts place as the favorite older brother. I think Audrey’s ability to discern between good better and best and then always go with the best option has brought her to the high station she's at now. No one can question her work ethic. She went from illiteracy to collegiate excellence. Her quiet observant personality has turned her into a spiritual powerhouse. But even though she's quiet she's no kitten. One time while we were driving through Provo canyon I was really being loud and obnoxious. She asked me to please be quiet and I kept going. She told me to stop in a firm voice and I didn't listen. Finally she slapped me upside the head really hard and I shut up. I can't wait to see where my amazing sister Audrey will end up serving the Lord and I know because of her work ethic her intelligence and her beauty both outside and in... she will be a formidable servant in the vineyard.


Luke-I am kind of jealous of all my other siblings because a lot of them have had the opportunity to have Audrey in their home on a 24/7 basis. I feel like Audrey is one of a kind in our family because she is very shy and sensitive, but she is also going to be the first Shillig girl out of Grandpa Shillig's grand kids that will go and have a missionary experience. I am so proud of Audrey and I am excited for the time in her life when she will be serving God as one of his faithful servants. I love the fact that there will be a girl in our family that we can talk to and share missionary stories with, as well as get the female perspective from the mission field and missionary work. I am sure (as it was with most of us), that Audrey's personality will really flower in the mission field and I can't wait to be a witness of what she will become. I just hope that one day how ever long it may be, that she might be willing to spend some time living with our family so that we can get to know her on an even greater level.


Larkie- Audrey is the sweetest most genuine person I have ever met. She makes me laugh. I don't know what it is but things she says that are not even funny are funny. It was great having Audrey live with me. Audrey is also great at being kind to others. She is going to be the best missionary ever. One time Audrey and I were walking in SLC and there was this lil old bum lady who fell and Audrey ran up to help her. she didn't even worry about lice or disease. the lady thanked her Audrey gave her a dollar and the lady kissed her. Kissed her and Audrey just sweetly stood still and said have a great day. That is how kind she is. Also this story is a lie but i bet you all believed it cause this really could have happened and this really is how nice Audrey is. Love you Audrey you are awesome.


Kailie- I could go on for hours about Audrey, I think she's pretty much the Kurt to my Jake! I remember when I was really young, some time in elementary school Audrey brought a friend from school home, of course as the younger sister I wanted to play with Audrey and her friend, but because I was smaller than them and they wanted to play to the best of their abilities I was kinda ruining their fun. Audrey took me aside and explained to me very carefully that she wanted to play with Shannon by herself, and that they would play with me later. I was really upset and didn't really believe she would keep her promise but I left them alone and did as Audrey asked. After a while, they were ready to play at my pace so Audrey came inside and found me to fulfill her promise. If there was anyone in this whole world I trust unconditionally, it would probably be Audrey. Audrey always does everything she says she's going to do, not only that but she will do it while helping others accomplish their goals. In High School I went back to being a loner my Freshman and Sophomore year, so of course I started following my older sister around again, I'd hang with her and her friends at lunch, I'd try and emulate her quiet demeanor and even what she ate, when she tried out for a team, I would to. Then when she tried out for soccer and asked me to please stay in Basketball so that Dad could coach like he loves to coach his kids I did. I didn't ever get on any of the Sports Teams that Audrey did, in fact I usually ended up doing something more suited to me like choir or a play, but Audrey always tried to help me in every way she could, teaching me how to serve a volleyball, or dribble a basketball, showing me how to pass a soccer ball, anything she could help with she would. I love you Audrey, Thanks for being my Big Sister and always being there for me.


Elli - Well Audrey has always been the sister that has had the most patience. She always wanted to help whether it was cleaning or playing Zelda. Well when I was 6 or 7 she was driving me somewhere and I was in the back seat. I was flipping people off with my arms. Not knowing what it meant I did it to everyone that passed, then smiled and waved. Then Audrey looked back at what I was doing and said “Elliana what are you doing?” Of course I replied "Nothing" then Audrey and I got to our destination and Audrey said Elliana don't do that ever again. So Audrey has the most patience, she could have beat the crap out of me but she didn't. I love you.






No comments: