Saturday, November 20, 2010

VIP Hailey!!!!!

So I know it's been a while since the last VIP for the rest of the family, but I figured out that I didn't know who to do!!!! It was a lot easier doing all the In-laws, because even though I don't hang out with u girls and guy on a regular basis, I have had an extended period of time where I got to know each of you a little bit. However with our Nieces and Nephews, most of them haven't even gone to school yet, and the ones that have are either in Georgia and I haven't seen them in years, or he's in California and is just barely starting, so he probably wouldn't be able to read any of this yet. So I'll share a couple of my memories that I have of her.
So I've talked about how Mandi and Aaron were a lot of firsts for me, first wedding that I had some sort of real connection to, first brother that lived in a house, first brother to have cable, or internet, or even a computer first one to have a kid. I remember Mandi being pregnant with Hailey, and I don't think I fully understood what the heck was going on, I knew they were gonna get a baby soon, I don't think I knew that the baby was going to come out of Mandi. But I remember when Hailey was born, I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember someone telling me that Mandi and Aaron had had their baby. The day that I went to see the new baby was so weird, I didn't understand why we were at some huge building that was filed with rooms, but I do remember the first time I saw little Hailey, everyone was saying how tiny she was but I thought she was pretty big because I was so small. I remember that everyone else got to look at her and passed her around the room, I remember wanting to hold her but being to afraid to ask. Mandi or Aaron I can't remember which but I think it was Mandi, looked at me and said "Kailie do you want a turn?" I'd been waiting so of course I said yes, they told me to sit down and I could hold her. She was so beautiful, I couldn't believe that she was a tiny little person, I think I'm thinking of the right baby but I'm not entirely sure cuz there have been so many kids! I remember she had a lot of hair and everyone was amazed at that. I remember that at some point after that, I thought she was my Birthday present from Heavenly Father, cuz she was born the day after my b-day, and every time I think of Hailey, I think of her as my best birthday present. I love you Hailey

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

The birthday buddy part was cute.