Sunday, March 20, 2011

PIE!!!



Okay so I made a sweet potatoe pie yesterday for a surprise party and I had some extra pie crust so I found some lemon pudding in our cupboard, so I made lemon pudding pie, which after I made it seemed stupid, so I decided today I'd make it into Lemon Meringue! Not one of my best Ideas, I had no idea how to make leon Meringue, what the egg whites are supposed to look like, what the heak soft peaks r? so I was blending the egg whites in a blender since I don't have an egg beater, when that didn't work I started mixing it with a fork, and I'd get a little bit of foam, but that was it. So Lauren got frustrated by the sound of the fork and the bowl so she suggested that I put the foa in a seperate bowl and mix the bottom and keep doing it till all of it was foam. So that's what I did, and it worked until I found out that if I kept the foam in the other bowl without stirring, it would turn bak into it's liquidy self. UGH! so any way I eventually got enough foam to mix with sugar, and bake it. this is the result.

No comments: