Thursday, May 31, 2012

Update since August



Wow so there's a lot to catch up on and I'm not sure if I can do it all in one post so I'll do some highlights and descriptions in each post. I'll update later with pics.

The Penthouse - So in my ward boundaries there is an apartment complex called terrace apartments, on the top floor of this complex is a huge apartment we called the Penthouse. 7 girls live there on a regular basis and the apartment was the place to go to party. about August I started hanging out with what I call "The Penthouse Girls" which at the time consisted of Alli, Amanda, Sylvie, Erica, Jenny, Kate, and Natalie(whom i only include because she lived there but for any story of the penthouse she is pretty much never present). The apartment is above most every building in its area and has a balcony. there is a pool and small playground in the courtyard, big bay windows on the south side (where the balcony is) and roof access but you aren't technically allowed on the roof. So most of august through December I speant in the Penthouse partying with all the fun new friends I'd made.

The Penthouse Girls (My favorites)
Amanda - Definitely the girl I clicked most with from the penthouse. Amanda Duce is an astounding combination of Sexy and powerful. She works at victoria's secret and Curves, Played Rugby for SUU and I think BYU. She's Boisterous and playful, she loves to snuggle, and brings the party where ever she goes. I can always rely on her to do anything active and she's one of the most forgiving people I know(Story behind that later). All-in-all Amada is my favorite person to snuggle with, I tell her pretty much everything, and I can't imagine the last 9 months without her. She kinda reminds me of myself but a way cooler version. she's inspirational in her ability to be herself no matter who she is with.


Jenny - Holy Crap this girl has more energy than a nuclear bomb! Honestly when I first started hanging out with the penthouse girls Jenny was just the Crazy chick that I could go on wild adventures with and I knew if she was at the party I never had to worry about being to loud. But some time in about January Jenny and I started to get to know each other a lot better. She is the perfect combination of femininity and backwoods roughing it. We started going country dancing on Thursday nights together and after dancing was over we'd have nice long chats about life. She is a Shotgun loaded with pink shotgun shells(she actually carries two shotguns in the back of her little white car as well as a case or two of shotgun shells, I got her pink ones for her birthday). She knows about cars, Pink is an everpresent color in her life, she flirts like a natural and dances for fun. She isn't afraid of anything and would jump off a cliff for the thrill. She and I are actually signed up to run a half marathon, and I can't wait. she is a lot more experienced when it comes to running but she's helping me learn. She adores the Temple and has made a point to go once a week. there aren't enough good things I can say about Jenny.

Kate - The Prospector, that's the name we called her all of august through december. I'm not entirely sure of the story but she basically has a super power that allows her to flirt with, date, and keep interested 6 men at a time!!! I didn't really hang out with Kate anywhere but at parties usually, until after January. She's from all over, her dad is in the armed forces so she grew up in mostly South Africa and Georgia. She's very kind to everyone, but she puts her foot down when she views someone being cruel to another. She's a good listener and because she's a convert to the church she has some really great life experience stories that have helped me out a few times. It took me a while to warm up to her, but now that I've been able to talk with her and get to know her I really am glad we're friends.

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

looks like you've got fun friends!